WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MAKING A BEQUEST?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family
- You may receive estate tax savings
HOW DO I MAKE A BEQUEST?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or United Way of the Blue Mountains as part of your estate plan.
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
A bequest can be made in several ways:
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
- You can gift a percentage of your estate
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets
HOW DO I GET STARTED?